People have asked me how I feel about Madden turning 1 year old. My first response is 'I can't BELIEVE it!' but then when I really think about it, this past year has rocked our world....in an awesome way, of course....but life as we knew it changed. No more sleeping in, going to dinner/movies on a whim, or only planning what we wanted to do. Madden arrived....and while he has always been very laid back and easy, our life started revolving around feeding schedules, sleeping schedules, etc. Thank goodness for family and friends who have walked with us every step of the way. I just think back to those first few days of his life.....1 year ago. I was delirious. No sleep, trying to figure out nursing, do many "why's and what is that and is this right", searching through piles of books for any answers on what to do with this new life we had been entrusted with. And somehow....someway.....we figured it out....together! Lots of tears were shed in the beginning and tears were shed tonight as I rocked my baby boy to bed.....where has this year gone? Some days seemed to last forever (eating and sleeping and eating and sleeping) but as he grew, life has gotten busier and the months are flying by!
I had fun taking some pictures of Madden today in the back yard. I think I took over 300 and ended up with 2 that I thought were good....taking pictures is one thing that has definitely changed over the past year. It sure was easier to snap pictures of a newborn curled up on a blanket, rather than making sure he doesn't fall out of the chair.....but the pictures sure are FUN these days.....if you can just capture a good one!
"I've had enough.....maybe I could just slide out of this chair......"
Spitting bubbles for mommy.....
If Your Happy & You Know It Clap Your Hands!
How big is Madden? SO BIG!
We love you sweet boy!
Congratulations on your terrific blog. It will be a treasure for your family over the years. And a challenge to keep it going!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Dad
Dad is so proud he left the first comment! Adorable blog....adorable baby.....fantastic hostess.....great food....great parents! We love you! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteHey Ria,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy this is up and running. I have been checking it daily to see if it was up and Dad finally said this morning it was. I can't wait to hear about all of the adventures of you all. Oh yes, and I love how you included Aunt Care Care very sweet!
Love Caroline
Madden is adorable!! I can't believe, either, how fast the last year went!
ReplyDeleteLori
Hey Re! Thanks for the e-mail with the link. I love your blog! I now have it bookmarked. Maybe you can inspire Rachel to do one? :-) Great job!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!! LOVE the blog! Madden is so so so sweet... I wish we lived closer for playdates! Everything you wrote is SO true. And watch out... the 2nd year goes even faster and is SO much fun! Love you and miss you!
ReplyDeleteFinally! I love it! Kristi did a great job!(red and white forever, ha!) Now that we've moved SO far away :) I'm glad I can keep up with you and your sweet family! Happy Birthday Madden - Colton & Caden can't wait to have you over for a playdate!
ReplyDeleteYay, Maria!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you started a blog, but I saw your comment on Becky's blog today, so I thought I'd come check it out. Madden is such a cutie and I'm glad the birthday festivities went off without a hitch! I look forward to watching him grow and keeping up with your family.
Rebekah