So, on Saturday we celebrated Madden's first birthday. Our official birthday is not until July 28. And yes, I said "our" - Madden was born on my 30th birthday! So, we will always share that day....but as far as I am concerned...it's more about him than me now!
The birthday party had been looming over my head for a few months. There is a lot of pressure out there these days....but in the end, we had a very simple party with hamburgers, hotdogs, cake and wonderful guests. There was no theme. Madden won't remember. It was simply a day for his parents to celebrate and honor our bundle of joy!
And now for the PICTURES!
Some decorations......
The Cake - it was from Jackie Spratt Cakes and I HIGHLY recommend them. The top cake was champagne with strawberry and the bottom cake was champagne with chocolate/amaretto. Delicious!


Time for dinner - I love to eat....if you can't tell.
1 Year stats: 25 pounds, 31 inches long. 95% for both!!
After we ate, I asked "What do we do next?" This was my first kid birthday party to host.....so we decided it was time for presents! He got SO MANY wonderful gifts....and has LOVED playing with them ALL!
Time for CAKE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Mommy & Daddy made a wish and blew out the candle......
....not too sure about this stuff.....
We cut a slice and gave it to him.....and that was perfect to him! He ate it all!
After cake, straight to the bathtub. PJ's, more playtime and say Goodbye to friends and family......
....and we sure did enjoy some cake the NEXT day, too!!















No comments:
Post a Comment