In early August, Lainey, Pops and Caroline picked up Madden and I and we headed North - it was a journey....stopping in Batesville, AR, Columbia, MO and then our final destination of St. Louis, MO for a few days. It was a lot of driving, but a fun adventure! Lots of memories were made, lots of bonding was done and lots of fun was had.
I really wasn't sure how Madden would do in the car - but with the help of some fun activities, lots of movies and snacks - he was a trooper!
Madden thoroughly enjoyed playing in the basement at my aunt and uncle's house - and we enjoyed visiting. One cute thing that Madden said: Aunt Mary told him that he was the sweetest boy she knew. Madden responded by saying, "I'm not the sweetest, I'm the cutest!". Think he's been told that before! :)
After a good night's sleep and a nice visit with the Goodin's, we were back on the road for day #2.
We didn't make it too far down the road before stopping in Cave City, AR for some watermelon. Cave City is known for their delicious watermelon, so we got one for the road.
This picture was a joke - in our family, we have a history of filling up the van with 'treasures' on our vacations....and someone usually has to carry something in their lap of have stuff at their feet. So, I carried the watermelon! Ha - NOT!
Just some pretty flowers at one of our pit stops...
Not the greatest picture of me....but here I am....about 17 weeks prego!
We finally made it to Columbia, MO to pick up Ben. He is starting his SENIOR year at Mizzou! I had never been up to see him, so I was glad to get to see where he lived and get a quick tour of the campus.He lives in a place called The Cotton House. It is an old, OLD 3 story house with lots of bedrooms. Definitely a guys place for sure!
Madden enjoyed getting to run around and play a bit. Here they are in Uncle Ben's room playing his guitar!
Ben and his girlfriend, Megan
After getting a tour of The Cotton House, we drove around the Mizzou campus. Madden has a little book about Mizzou with various buildings around campus, so he enjoyed actually getting to see them in person!
After a very quick tour, we stopped downtown for dinner at Shakespeare's Pizza. Delicious!
What a cute little college town, Columbia, MO is! Wish we could've stayed longer....but SO glad we got to see where Uncle Ben lives!
We loaded Ben in the van with us for our adventure and left Columbia and headed to St. Louis....















No comments:
Post a Comment