Friday, May 21, 2010

We've Been Sick.....

The last 4 weeks have been brutal at our house.

First, Madden got RSV.

Then, I got bronchitis.

Then, Marc got bronchitis.

Then, I got a strep infection.

Then, Madden got an ear infection.

Then, Madden ran a 103+ fever.

Then, Marc got a bacterial infection.

I think we have spent $350 on medication in the last 4 weeks.....and we are now the proud owner of a nebulizer (for Madden).

I asked my doctor how it is possible that since March we have had Hand/Mouth/Foot Virus, RSV and strep come through our house. She said that kids can get 6-12 viruses a year in their first couple of years of social interaction while they build up their immune system.

Great.

And I guess they bring it home and share with the whole family.

Marc and I have never been sick as often as we are now.

Thanks, son! I guess it's better to get it over with now, rather than Kindergarten!

Here's to hoping the Moore's are on the mend for a while.......






3 comments:

  1. That sounds like our year! Eli didn't get sick much as a baby and it seems like he had bronchitis or strep or a tummy bug or something every other week...and all when his dad was out of town. Sheesh. Luckily, he's bringing all this home to his sister who might not miss near as much kindergarten as her brother. It's no fun.

    Hope y'all are feeling better! I miss you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your hearts!!!! Grace was DEFINITELY the sickest from 1-2 years old. She was still sick some this year, but nothing like last year. Hope it's better from here on out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can now laugh at this because I have LIVED it! Glad I didn't read this BEFORE I decided to have kids! LOL! Myra

    ReplyDelete