I learned a few lessons after getting through that experience.
1. Have a bucket or towel handy...don't let them throw up just anywhere and everywhere. Otherwise, you end up with TONS of laundry!
2. Don't give a bath in the middle of the night (it's useless).
We made it through the experience and Madden was better after about 24 hours.
A couple of days later, Marc got sick....really sick....and I spent one evening cleaning up a bathroom. For the record, he did offer to help, but he really wasn't well and I felt like I could probably do a more thorough job and cleaning and disinfecting!
Somehow, I did NOT get sick.
A couple of days later, the sitter called me at work to say that Madden had a fever. I picked him up and headed to the doctor. Another kid at the daycare had been diagnosed with Hand, Mouth, Foot virus....and I suspected that is what Madden was coming down with. .....and I was right! We headed home for a L-O-N-G night. Seriously. Probably the worst night I have had since Madden was born. I endured every 2 hour feedings, croup, vomit, etc....but nothing was as worse as this. Marc was out of town and Madden screamed ALL. NIGHT. LONG. Poor guy. He had some sores in his mouth and a high fever. After about 24 hours he was better and only developed a few blisters on 1 finger.
Moving right along......to this past Friday. Marc sends me an email at work entitled "What is wrong with my face?" with pictures attached. He had broken out in red bumps all over his face. He went to the doctor and they diagnosed him with Hand, Mouth, Foot virus. Apparently, adults are immune to this virus....but not my husband! Red blistery bumps developed all over his body....in his ears, mouth....between his toes....on the palms of his hands and feet....EVERYWHERE! The bumps doubled in number the next day...literally hundreds of spots. Because it is a virus, he just has to wait it out.....it can last 7-10 days. He is really bummed and I am sorry he has had to endure this.

Marc has never been so sick....until Madden came along! Somehow, I have managed to NOT be sick....which is a good thing because someone has to take care of things!
Hopefully Spring will come soon and we can say goodbye to all this sickness!

I love the valentine's shirt on him!!!! laney
ReplyDeleteGlad all the sickness is over! Marc's hands are unbelievable! Laney
ReplyDelete