In early March, we took a trip to Arkansas to visit my Nanny and Uncle Bill and Aunt Mary. Lainey, Caroline, the kids and I all loaded up and drove about 6 hours there. It was Marley's first 'road trip' and she did great! The first leg to Texarkana was a little crazy, but after stopping at Best Buy there and purchasing a new DVD message, it was smooth sailing! Thank goodness for Caroline and her riding in the back with the kids!
The main reason for the trip was so Nanny could meet her newest great-granddaughter and since I was home on maternity leave, it was a good time to go. And it was worth every bit of the trip to see this.....
Nanny lives in an assisted living home in Arkansas. Her memory is fading and she is declining some.....but seeing that baby (and Madden) brought back a spark to her spirit and she just loved on them! She even played cars with Madden! She got to rock Marley and even got her to sleep. So sweet to see.....just as I remember her being with us when we were little!
Since an assisted livng facility can only be so entertaining for a 4 year old, we had to make our visits short and go find other things to do. One day, we went to a park that has this old locomotive. It was there when I was a kid and I remember playing on it. Madden loved it!
We enjoyed wonderful meals and visits with my aunt and uncle - and appreciated space to spread out and relax during our visit. It was a special trip and one I'm glad we made time for!




No comments:
Post a Comment