We arrived in Abilene Friday night - later than I had wanted - but we made it! My friend, Rebekah hosted a little get-together at her house, so I was able to see a lot of special friends. Of course, I was SO tired that I forgot to take any pictures. :(
We went to bed and I woke up at 5:30am to attend the GATA breakfast. It was so wonderful! GATA was a large club during the years I was at ACU, but recently had dwindled down to 12 members. Thankfully, this year, they had 35 girls pledge and GATA is coming back! So proud of the leaders who have helped make this happen.
We enjoyed breakfast, entertainment from the Flames and circling up to sing some traditional songs - such special memories!

Jenny, Rebekah, Jordan and me. Pledging sisters and Lifelong friends! (We missed you, Steph!)

Ashley and I - so many memories from ACU days!

Nicole and I - we have lots of fun memories from our senior year when I was President and she was Pledge Mom. Not much studying got done, I don't think! :)

1997 Siren Pledge Class - there were a few of us that got up early for breakfast....but we were missing several.
After breakfast, we headed back to Rebekah's to get the kids and husbands ready for the parade!

Lily (Rebekah's middle daughter) holding Madden. They had fun together!

Everly, Lily and Madden

Getting ready for the parade! "Why am I sitting here on the side of the road?" He wasn't too sure about it.

The Big Purple Band

It was too hot in the sun, so Madden moved to the shade to watch the rest of the parade. And, yes, Marc was there - supporting his wife and enjoying the festivities of the weekend! Such a trooper!


The GATA float - pretty cute!

.....and the GATA Flames.....

After the parade, we walked around campus and enjoyed seeing old friends. We stopped at the GATA fountain - and snapped a picture with Jenny's boys, Colton and Caden (of course, none of them are looking at the camera!)
We decided to skip Chapel and get some lunch. Then, we headed home!
A very quick trip - but glad we went! So many special friends and memories from my time at ACU. Such a blessing!


So glad you got to go! Everyone looks great! Love Madden's shirt! Love, Mom
ReplyDelete