Friday, November 9, 2012

Late October/Halloween

We have had an unseasonably warm Fall - temps in the 70's-80's.  A nice break from the hot temps of summer, but still a little warmer than I like.  I'm ready for fires in the fireplace, hot apple cider, blankets, etc.  It's comin... :)

We took a last minute trip to San Antonio at the end of October to see family.  It was a quick trip, but we enjoyed it.  Madden had fun playing at the park!

A few days after we got home, my Uncle Bill (my dad's oldest brother) came for a quick visit.  Bill lives in Australia now and I probably hadn't seen him in 20+ years.  He was in the States for a work trip and was flying in/out of Dallas, so he stayed with us for 1 night.  He endured trick or treating with us on Halloween night - and the next day we enjoyed touring the JFK Sixth Floor Museum and some yummy food.  It was such a treat for him to stay and give us an opportunity to get acquainted.  Sure wish he lived closer so we could see him and his family more!  



Madden wanted to be a train conductor for Halloween this year.  Not sure why.  He likes trains OK, but I wouldn't say they are his favorite thing....but we went with it!  I had big dreams of making a train for him to be inside - but the farthest I got with that dream was bringing a box home.  I just haven't been on top of things this Fall!  Regardless, he turned out to be a pretty cute train conductor....he was happy....and that is all that mattered!






Rather than saying trick or treat, he would blow his whistle to announce his arrival at the door!

























We didn't carve pumpkins this year.....and we haven't been to the pumpkin patch.  Bummer.  We'll try again next year and be able to share those fun traditions with baby girl! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment