Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year.....which seemed a little daunting at first with a possibility of 18 showing up. But, it turned out we only had about 10 for dinner, which was much more manageable!

We had a lazy morning. Marc was smoking the turkey and Madden and I made crafts and watched the Macy's parade.

Everyone arrived around 2:00pm.


I decorated the table with things I had around the house!



My little turkey reading his new obsession: Mega Rescuers



.....and here he is "helping" me get ready.



Headed out for pictures. This indian vest was MINE when I was 3. No idea why I saved it, but it sure was cute on him. He loved practicing being an indian.





















We ate till we were stuffed....then watched lots of football! We had 2 tv's on in our living/dining room to accomodate good watching for all.


We ground up the leftover turkey and made turkey spread sandwiches later that night - a Moore Family secret that is SO yummy! We relaxed and ate and watched football the rest of the evening!

Madden wasn't quite sure about Thanksgiving this year. We tried to spend some time talking about things we were thankful for, but every time, his response was "race cars". Hmmm....I think he already had Christmas on the brain. Oh well, we will try again next year!





No comments:

Post a Comment