This year, we spent the morning swimming, the afternoon napping and the evening with our neighbors at their mom's house. I wish I had taken a picture of her house....it is lovely. Right out of a magazine. A white cottage with a big wrap around porch with plenty of comfy seating! And the inside is just as delightful! Lovely table settings, DELICIOUS food and plenty of fun for the kids. We ALL had a wonderful time!

Madden was in LOVE with this little tricycle....maybe we need to get one for his birthday?!



We ate and ate and ate - wonderful brisket, squash casserole (and I don't even like squash!), homemade fried okra, fresh fruit and homemade beer bread! Oh my!
After dinner, the dads went to get some fireworks and the kids played. Once it got dark, we headed outside to play with the sparklers.


Last year, I didn't let Madden play with the sparklers, but this year, we decided he could try. Oh my. He did pretty well, but certainly scared us a few times while waving it near his clothes!











Great pictures! Glad you had fun! Mom
ReplyDelete