The past week we have participated in TWO Easter Egg Hunts.
Hunt #1: Church Picnic/Egg Hunt Madden was dressed cute, eggs brought, basket in hand, picnic lunch ready....things started off great!

....and then, Madden spotted the playground. And there was NO turning back. Madden was throwing a fit and so was I! He wanted NO PART in hunting the eggs....but rather, wanted to play on the playground....something we can do any day of the week. Ugh. So, that's what we did....because he is 2 and I am 32. There will be other egg hunts. But, it didn't keep me from taking a few pictures....
....and how can you resist the PURE JOY he had?!
Hunt #2: MOPS Egg Hunt
I belong to a group called MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and we had an egg hunt a few days later. I was hopeful that Madden would cooperate a little better and actually hunt some eggs! Well, it was a SUCCESS!!
Madden snuck an egg early when we were hiding them.....
Group picture.....so many cute little kids....and growing....
First one! Yea!
After he collected all 12, we sat down to see what was inside...
SKITTLES! :)
STICKERS!
Then, he played on the playground for a bit.
....and we finished with some lunch.
THEN, we headed to the doctor because he has had a horrible cough for 2 weeks. Upon arrival, I learned he had a fever and ear infection. Wow. Who would've thought from these pictures?! So, we got some meds and headed home to rest.
I was just grateful to have at least 1 successful egg hunt this year! I think we have 2 more to go still before Easter actually arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment