Friday, March 18, 2011

Dr. Seuss Day

Dr. Seuss Day - that's a new one for me! We never celebrated that growing up, but apparently it is a BIG deal around these parts.

Madden's school was going to have a parade and they were all encouraged to dress up as their favorite Dr. Seuss character. Hmmm. I don't think we have ever read a Dr. Seuss book to Madden, much less own one. I always thought they were kind of weird.

But, I wanted him to participate in the parade, so here he is! Homemade and everything....





At school, they made hats that were so cute and painted whiskers on the kids....so I took a *few* photos when we got home. You'll notice, the homemade shirt didn't quite make it all day. As soon as we arrived that morning, his friends started picking the stickers off his shirt. Nice. Oh well..







I'm already prepared for NEXT year! I have ordered an official Cat In The Hat t-shirt, so I won't be pulling another late night working on a Dr. Seuss costume again.....another costume, maybe....but we've got Dr. Seuss covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment