And what made it super easy was this. I got this for a wedding gift SIX years ago and never used it. Wow - have I been missing out! If you have any apples you need cored and sliced, come on over!

9 inch unbaked pie shell
Topping:
2/3 cup unsifted all purpose flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
Filling:
2lbs. tart apples
1 T. lemon juice
2 T. flour
3/4 cup sugar
Dash salt
1 t. cinnamon
Prepare pie shell in pie plate. I just used store bought. Make topping: Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl. Using 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture is consistency of course cornmeal. Preheat oven to 400*. Make filling: Core and pare apples. Slice thinly into large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon - mix well. Toss lightly into apples. Turn filling into unbaked pie shell, spreading evenly. Cover with topping. Bake 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nothing fancy, but oh so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment