Our Easter morning started out bright and early! We had to pick up 27 dozen 'bunny' donuts and get them to church by 9 for a reception.....and we made it! Marc dropped me and the donuts off at the front door and parked the car. A few minutes later, Madden and Marc came in and Madden had a HUGE bump on his forehead.....darn new sandals! He tripped on those sandals no less than 15 times and I finally took them off. Not sure what the deal was.....but I am going to try another size.

My cute boy in his Easter outfit.
Here's the background on the outfit. I LOVE IT....Marc HATES it. This is usually what we run into. So, I bought 2 Easter outfits and told Marc there is 1 I really want him to wear and 1 I am willing to compromise on. After an impromptu fashion show Saturday night and a few 'discussions', I ended up dressing him in the one I loved. He got LOTS of compliments on it at church and I think it is the perfect Easter outfit for our little guy! He's only little for a short time and I want to cherish these days.....and dress him like a toddler.....not like a 15 year old in a coat and tie!

Playing on the indoor playground at church......

We didn't make it too long during church before Madden was going up and down the aisle.....and he screams in the nursery.....so it was time to GO!
We headed home to rest before lunch and Madden got to see what the Easter Bunny brought.

A chirping chick!



.....and some magnets! I have noticed he loves to play with magnets on the fridge and it keeps him occupied for oh, maybe 5 minutes.....SO, I thought he needed some magnets of his own!

Eating candy and being silly...


After a short nap, we headed to Honey's house for lunch with Marc's family. Each seat had a beautiful place setting and a fun gift. She got Madden these cute bunny ears! Love them! We ate and ate.....fried chicken, mashed potatoes, beans, salad, rolls, banana pie, cookies and more.....and then headed home for a long nap!
*********************************
Here's an *easter bunny* memory:
On Saturday, Marc and I were working in the yard – cleaning out bushes, cutting trees, etc. I was working on an area of the yard that doesn’t get much attention and came across a tiny, baby bunny! Oh my! I screamed and the bunny just sat there glaring at me. How ironic to find a bunny the day before Easter… J We decided to leave the bunny in its place and not disturb it any further. Maybe there was a mom somewhere or other bunnies?
Later that evening, the bunny was still there…..hadn’t moved, but eyes still glaring up at me.
That night, I was awakened at about 1:00am by a horrific cry. I immediately sat up and looked at the monitor…..thinking it was Madden. He was sound asleep. Then, my mind immediately went to that bunny. The next morning, I went to check on him and he was gone. I think something got him….and it just makes me SICK to think about.
Later that evening, the bunny was still there…..hadn’t moved, but eyes still glaring up at me.
That night, I was awakened at about 1:00am by a horrific cry. I immediately sat up and looked at the monitor…..thinking it was Madden. He was sound asleep. Then, my mind immediately went to that bunny. The next morning, I went to check on him and he was gone. I think something got him….and it just makes me SICK to think about.


No comments:
Post a Comment